LeadingAge California has partnered with Sodexo and Masonic Home of California to offer a comprehensive leadership development program specifically designed to better prepare its membership for the future.
The application deadline for the 2017-18 EMERGE Program has passed. Questions? Contact Kevin Tuuaga at email@example.com.
2016-17 Sponsorship Opportunities: Learn More
The program is available to anyone who is a LeadingAge California Member, irrespective of position or work experience. It is far more important for candidates to demonstrate potential within their organizations and the field of aging services than it is for them to carry specific job titles.
2017 Class Roster:
Tracy Anderson, Valle Verde Retirement; Dianamaria Baciarelli, Vineyard Village; Elizabeth Catron, Eskaton Lincoln Manor; Victor Ceron, Los Gatos Meadows; Ronald Chan, ABHOW; Denisa Feddersen, Episcopal Senior Communities; Vincent Foresta, The Terraces of Los Gatos; John Grimes, Laguna Honda Hospital; Adam Hill, Eskaton; Jennifer Martinez, Beacon Communities; Brian McBee, St. Paul's Senior Services; Brian Morrow, The Reutlinger Community; Christina Piexoto, Santa Clara Methodist Retirement Foundation, Inc.; Miguel Rodas, Bethany Center; Denise Rodriguez, Mt. San Antonio Gardens; Dawn Shimel, O'Connor Woods Senior Living; Nicole Snowberger, Covenant Village of Turlock; Jonni Streeter, The Terraces of Los Altos; Therese ten Brinke, Eskaton
Mission of the Program:
EMERGE is a year-long growth and development experience for high potential leaders seeking to transform themselves and their organizations.
To prepare future generations of individuals to successfully lead highly engaged and innovative organizations.
• Create a shared meaning of leadership and its fundamental principles.
• Help Fellows explore various dimensions of transformational leadership, with a focus on relationship building.
• Support Fellows in their individual leadership journeys, promoting self-awareness and authenticity.
• Develop a network of Fellows who will support one another as well as the values of the program.
• Enhance loyalty to and engagement with LeadingAge California.
• Increase the value to member organizations who sponsor Fellows.
"EMERGE is a yearlong personal discovery journey that has transformed my perspective on leadership in both my professional and personal life. It provided me the necessary insight, tools, and techniques that taught me how to lead in life's most challenging moments. The structure of the sessions are strategically planned to ensure a proper balance of theory, personal discovery, and direct application through site visits, focussed discussions, and creative exercises."
- Tyler Ichien, The Terraces of Los Gatos
Delivery Model: Participants will engage in four small group, customized learning experiences that include site visits to LeadingAge California member communities, reading assignments from a wide range of authors and experts in the field of leadership development, along with group exercises and class activities aimed towards achieving a self- exploration of different leadership styles.
Mentorship and Networking
Fellows will have the opportunity to connect with a mentoring Coach throughout the duration of the program and will participate in monthly team calls in between class sessions. The monthly team calls will allow fellows to obtain the tools, experiences, and connections needed to become change agents and inclusive leaders.
Action Learning Project
An important element of this program is the assigned Action Learning Project (ALP) in which fellows create an idea or act on an opportunity around the themes of change and innovation and bring that project back to their own organization. ALPs offer a chance to reflect individually and in groups where fellows receive feedback and insight from their peers, mentors, and facilitators on how to successfully lead change through the work of their ALP.
CEUs and Course Themes: Participants will receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) after each session of the program. Total CEU hours are pending and based upon the curriculum content submitted for each session.
• Session One: Finding Your Leadership Voice
• Session Two: Leading Change and Innovation
• Session Three: Inspiring and Motivating Others
• Session Four: Discovering a Work/Life Balance
The $1,999 program tuition includes:
• Over 50 hours of face-to-face instruction
• Continuing Education Units after each session
• Course materials
• An extensive online Leadership Practices Inventory assessment
• Continental breakfast and full lunch for each class date
• Complimentary registration to the 2015 LeadingAge California Annual Conference and 2016 Public Policy Conference (attendance required)
• Graduation celebration
• Certificate of Completion
Class of 2016-17 Applications Available Online
February 12, 2016
March 11, 2016
Acceptance letters are mailed to applicants
May 2-4, 2016
EMERGE Session One in conjunction with LeadingAge California's 2016 Annual Conference
August 30-31, 2016
EMERGE Session Two: St. Paul's Towers, Oakland, CA.
December 6-7, 2016
EMERGE Session Three: Hollenbeck Palms, Los Angeles, CA.
March 7-9, 2017
EMERGE Session Four in conjunction with LeadingAge California's 2017 Policy & Leadership Summit
Action Learning Projects
(click on the image to download)
Class of 2016
Class of 2015