2018 LeadingAge California Annual Conference & Exposition
May 6 - May 9, 2018
Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena, CA.
Call for Presentations
The 2017 LeadingAge California Annual Conference was a success we look forward to planning the 2018 Annual Conference and creating an atmosphere that continues to excite and energize conference participants.
The 2018 conference theme - "Be Extraordinary" - is in alignment for participants to engage by advancing ideas, igniting change, creating collaborations and coming together to make an impact on policies and practices in senior care and services.
We are looking for innovative, cutting edge theories and practices on all aspects of aging services. Presentations on innovative concepts and addressing challenging issues are specifically encouraged.
Submit your presentation directly to Jan Guiliano, VP of Education - OR - Submit your application online.
The annual conference attracts over 500 professionals in the field of older adult services – from CEOs to direct line staff. This audience is experienced and knowledgeable. Participants have come to expect the most current and highest quality of information and training.
Level of Knowledge
A majority of the participants have been in the field for a number of years. They have considerable knowledge of and experience as professionals in senior care, and with few exceptions, are looking for a more advanced level of training. Please keep this in mind when designing your program.
All presentations are intended to educate. Presenters are not permitted to sell or promote any specific product or service. Below are suggested topics - review the application for specific program tracks.
• Best Practices in Clinical Care in both Assisted and SNFs
• Board Development/Governance
• Capturing Appropriate Reimbursement
• Care Transitions
• CCRC Issues
• Continuous Quality Improvement/Accountability/Public Trust
• Cost Savings/Efficiencies
• Dementia/Alzheimer’s Care
• Financial Management
• Health Care Reform and the Role of Aging Services Organizations
• Improving Organizational Operations
• Innovative/Cutting Edge Programs & Services (all settings)
• Insurance & Risk Management
• Leadership and Board Development
• Legal Issues for Aging Services
• Management & Supervisory Skill Development
• Marketing to the New Consumer and Building Occupancy
• New Business Models/Partnerships (all settings)
• Resident/Consumer-Centered care Models
• Resident/Family Engagement in Care
• Social Media (Appropriate use of, legal issues, etc.)
• Spiritual Care
• Technology and its Use in Aging Services Setting
• Transformation of LTC/New Service Delivery Models
• Wellness and Active Aging
• Workforce Development, Retention and Recruitment
To be included in the review process, all proposals must be submitted by September 22, 2017. Applications that are late or incomplete will not be considered for review.
No more than one primary presenter and a maximum of three co-presenters may participate in a presentation. A presenter may not participate on more than two accepted presentations.
The 2018 Annual Conference Education Task Force and LeadingAge California education staff will review all submissions. Those that offer highly interactive shared-learning approaches are especially preferred. Proposal Applications that fail to meet all guidelines or are incomplete will not be considered for review. Submissions will be evaluated to ultimately develop a high-quality, interactive, well-balanced, shared-learning education program via the following criteria:
• Advanced level of content reflected in learning objectives and session descriptions
• Innovation, creativity and originality of topic
• Clarity, depth and specificity of proposal
• Timeliness, currency and relevance of subject matter
• Practical applicability of topic to aging services settings
• Highly interactive, shared-learning presentation approach and format
• Qualifications, expertise and experience level of presenter(s)
All prospective speakers are required to keep the conference dates of May 6-9, 2018 available until notified of the status of their proposals. LeadingAge California will not accept phone calls regarding the status of proposals at any time during the selection process.
Submitting Your Proposal
Complete a separate Proposal Application for each proposed presentation. Proposal Applications that fail to meet all guidelines or are incomplete will not be considered by for review.
Submit your application online.
Questions? Contact Jan Guiliano at email@example.com or (916) 469-3367. Technical issues? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.